Our second lady of WIHM8 is Kate Murphy. Kate came to us as an intern with SNHU and fit into our little family like a long lost little sister. Her skill as an editor is exemplary and she also does book cover work!
Kate is an easy going, down to earth gal. Let’s get to know her!
Kate Murphy is a Michigander-turned-New Yorker-turned-Michigander-again who has a Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Design and a Master of Arts in English and Creative Writing. She loves thrillers, and what really scares her (aside from heights and insects) are books and films that make her think, “This could totally happen.”—i.e. serial killers, exes who have gone off the deep end, etc.
When she’s not editing for SSP, Kate, unsurprisingly, spends her days writing. She is currently working on a steampunk fantasy titled “Cantilever,” which explores the ins and outs and ups and downs of life atop a giant bridge.
- “Reaper: A Collection of Stories by Briana Robertson”
- Select stories in “Unleashed – Monsters vs. Zombies” volumes 1 and 2
- Prometheus Lives
- Dead Spell
- The Unchosen
- Red Ashes – Return of the Sweeping Death
- Science Voodoo
- KERBEROS MF1
Favorite Quotes by Author Briana Robertson
- “We’ve got better things to do than dwell on the dead.” – Briana Robertson (“Prey”)
- “This creature has intelligence that its brethren do not. I feel a vicious, vindictive smile creeping onto my face. Intelligence means a challenge.” – Sam Fraser (“Prometheus Lives”)
- “Tragedy has struck more than the heart of our clan on this cloudless night.” – Michael Musclow (“Red Ashes”)
- “I can be pretty badass when I need to be. I’m Death.” – Roger Jackson (“Science Voodoo”)
- “I forced myself to examine the city down below again and witnessed the town I grew up in devour itself and turn to ash.” Otis Carlisle (“The Unchosen”)
- “It was like an entire continent of the damned had been lifted off of the planet and hurtled slowly at Charon’s little pier on the beach.” – Peter Demmon (pen name “DEMMON”) (“KERBEROS MF1”)
- “The end, m’boy,” the witch said. “This is how humanity dies.” – Mark Deloy (“Dead Spell”)